Tuesday, April 04, 2006

who gets a flat tire on their first ride? ME!

yes, it's true... i took my new road bike out for a spin. the good news: i was cruising at 20 mph w/out any effort. the bad news: i got a flat. and i didn't know how to fix it. so there i was talking to berta on the cell as she's trying to explain to me how to fix it. since i'm such a nowotny, i can't figure it out so i decide to carry the bike the 1 1/2 miles back to my house. oh and i'm in my cleats... LOL... AND i'm on old river road -- the same road i got my other flat tire on; you'd think i'd learn something from the first time.

funniest moment? a guy passed me walking his dog and said "it's a good thing your bike is light." yes, it is kind sir, yes it is...

berta is coming over tonight for beers and tube fixing. i'm her young padawan and she, my yoda. how lovely.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mamamurphy said...

I think the next time you go biking on that route you should bring cement wheels. So, ok, it would be hard to ride the bike with cement wheels. But no more flats!

Course, you could always listen to your friends and bring along supplies. But I think cement tires sound much more exciting.

10:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home